This is one of those recipes that just came together perfectly the first time I tried it. I decided to play around and find a use for the Superblast Powder I had in the cupboard, and before you know it I had the most amazingly delicious high antioxidant treat. One batch lasts a mere few minutes in our house. Even Ethan, my fussy 6 year-old, thinks they’re the best thing ever. They are so full of nutrients and low in sugar that I don’t mind him loving them so much, although I must admit I don’t let on… he thinks they’re a real indulgence and enjoys them all the more for it. They are perfect as a snack or an after dinner delight. Yummy in my tummy!
Gluten free, wheat free, grain free, dairy free, soy free, sugar free, low fructose, egg free, nut free, raw, low FODMAPs, vegetarian and vegan.
· 2 Tbs Superblast Powder# (a combination of Maqui, Pomegranate, Goji and CamuCamu powders).
· 3 Tbs Coconut Oil (melted)
· 2 Tbs Rice Syrup
· 4 Tbs Desiccated Coconut (plus extra for rolling balls)
· 4 Tbs Plain Buckinis*
· 10 drops Liquid Stevia
#I see no reason why you couldn’t replace this with another high antioxidant powder like acai for example, but this one tastes amazing. I also tried substituting with Baobest Baobab Fruit Powder and adding a few drops of orange oil for a tangy alternative, which was also delicious and nutritious.
*Buckinis are activated buckwheat (which is neither a grain nor related to wheat in any way). Buckwheat is actually the seed of a fruit. I use the Loving Earth brand of buckinis (and coconut oil and desiccated coconut).
The Creative Phase:
· If the coconut oil is hard, melt it by placing it in a small bowl, inserted into a larger bowl containing boiling water.
· Combine the Superblast powder, coconut oil, rice syrup and stevia.
· Add the desiccated coconut and buckinis and stir until combined.
· Pour some extra desiccated coconut on a plate.
· Form small balls with the mixture and roll onto the desiccated coconut until covered.
· You can eat them immediately or put them in the fridge to firm up a bit (if you can wait that long).
May you be full of beans and bliss balls,